In an ideal world, a book should never be judged by its cover and it is extremely unfortunate that even in the liberal world of today people fail to understand that. In the context of humans, that ‘cover’ primarily constitutes of the clothing they choose to wear. Societies and their members, collectively and individually, are constantly engaged in the process of observing and analyzing the patterns and trends of clothing one chooses to follow. Like it or not, people use your fashion sense (or lack of it) to gauge an impression and consequently, to form an opinion about ‘who’ you really are. That itself is the very reason why you should think long and hard about how you want other people to ‘interpret’ you and your personality before you decide what you want to wear. The fact of the matter is that your choice of clothing means and matters a lot more than you think it does.
Fashion helps people relate to an individual’s personality as it reflects an individual’s thoughts and feelings. Furthermore, the colors one chooses to wear also go a long way in informing other people about the mood or the state of mind that person is currently in. In the words of the great Aristotle: “Man is a social animal. He who lives without society is either a beast or God”. Society as a whole is indispensable for human beings and isolation from society is nothing short of a punishment. But in order to be an active and prominent member of the society, you have to dress the part and that is where we come in.
Our fashion team has compiled a list of dos and don’ts for you. Following our advice will ensure that you always dress in a way which is beneficial for you and it will always portray a positive image regarding your personality.
• Take your clothing seriously, but not too seriously. Always try to have fun with your clothing.
• Only wear stuff which makes you feel good.
• Never wear clothes that you associate negative emotions with.
• Always try to look ‘special’, even when it’s not a special day. Do not let yourself slip into a pattern of simply throwing on whatever you find.
• Update your wardrobe regularly, but don’t worry too much about keeping up with the latest fashion trends.
• Wear clothing that matches your physique.
• Try stepping out of your comfort zone every now and then.
• Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and accessories.
Lastly, one should always keep in mind the hard fact that life is not a popularity contest and it doesn’t really matter if you are unable to impress everybody in your time zone. Haters will hate, and some people will always look for an excuse to belittle you. It is good to be conscious about fashion and to be knowledgeable about its latest trends but being fashionable does not guarantee popularity or success on its own.